Top Safety Tips for Riding E-Scooters
If you own the awesome Mi Electric Scooter, we've put together our top safety tips to help you ride your e-scooter as safely as possible.
1. Never operate e-scooters in bike lanes
2. Always operate in a safe, careful and considerate manner
3. When on the footpath: give way to pedestrians and those on mobility devices
4. When on the footpath: using in Eco Mode is recommended to limit top speed
5. When on the road: operate as near as practical to the edge of the road
6. Operate at a speed that does not put other footpath users at risk
7. Helmets are not a legal requirement but are highly recommended
For more information on scooter safety, please visit the New Zealand Transport Agency's website.
Stay safe and happy riding!